It's the PERFECT baby shower gift!
Looking for just the right shower gift or want to give a gift from the group?
Are you a grandparent living far away and want to do something to help?
Give your favorite new parent the gift they won’t forget!
$125 per 1.5 hour visit or $225 for two 1.5 hour visits
Recommended schedule: Day 3 & 7 after birth
Not ready for the full home birth but want great care in-home? No problem! Kristin provides postpartum-only midwifery services in the weeks after you’ve had your baby in the hospital and have returned home.
You just can’t bring yourself to get yourself and baby all packed up to go to the clinic to check their weight or jaundice or get that second heel poke? No problem! As a new mother, your time and attention is best-spent bonding with your new baby, not worrying about how you’re going to get yourselves out of the house.
- Newborn screening, including the second blood screening (aka PKU test or heel poke) and repeat hearing and CCHD screen if not passed at the hospital
- Maternal vitals, perineal or c-section scar check, and care tips
- Breastfeeding assessment, support, and education
- Newborn feeding and sleeping assessment
- Care records sent to your provider(s)
- Birth control information
- Postpartum depression screening
- Review of pregnancy and birth history as well as personal goals to help guide care
Ask Kristin about prompt-pay discounts, gift certificates, and additional care packages for longer term or specialized care.
The midwife will provide a detailed invoice so you can bill your insurance. HSA accounts are great for this kind of health care cost.
Insurances DO pay for postpartum care for mother and baby–just not very well. That’s why most medical professionals are unable to provide the routine postpartum care that helps prevent big problems from developing.
So parents try their best at home until something is so painful or worrisome that they go in for what turns out to be an expensive visit with more interventions. It’s unfortunate but part of our healthcare landscape.
Why not avoid all that hassle and just get the routine, helpful care right in your home?