Your baby deserves the best prenatal care you can provide. Our qualified midwives welcome you to hour-long checkups to run comprehensive screenings and ensure any questions are answered. Expectant mothers and families end up feeling more at ease as they prepare for delivery.
what happens at appointments
- in-home appointments every 4 weeks until 28 weeks, then every 2 weeks until 36 weeks, then weekly until delivery
- Intake appointment is 1.5 hours to review documents and medical history
- Full prenatal labwork panel which may include progesterone, HCG, STI, vitamin D, thyroid tests, genetic testing, gestational diabetes screen
- Home visit to discuss waterbirth tub location and hookup
- Referrals or consultations available upon request or as indicated
- Informed decision making discussions on all topics
paying for midwifery care
- We charge a package price of $4500 for routine prenatal, birth, and immediate postpartum care. Prompt pay discount and payment plans accepted. DSHS rate available.
- We charge reasonable fees for additional services and supplies. Prompt pay discount of 30% on most additional charges.
- Most insurance companies reimburse for maternity care from Licensed Midwives.
- We have professional billers to help assess your coverage and final out of pocket expenses. They submit claims and follow-up on them so that you don’t have to.
- Midwifery care is affordable and effective. Compare our costs with a hospital birth in Washington.
As a new mother, your time and attention is best-spent bonding with your new baby, not worrying about postpartum care. We take care of all postpartum needs, from completing the cleanup after the birth to continuing newborn education long after delivery.
- 24 hour home visit for mom and baby including vitals, perineal check, and tips for breastfeeding success
- Newborn screening for blood, heart, and hearing defects
- Breastfeeding assessment, support, and education
- Complete newborn exam records sent to your pediatrician
- 7 day home visit for mom including vitals, perineal check, and tips for breastfeeding success
- 7 day home visit for newborn including weight check and second newborn blood screening (aka PKU test or heel poke)
- In-home appointments for first two weeks after birth
- Birth control information
- Depression screening