No doubt about it, insurance and the billing process are very confusing!
Geez, it seems like it is MEANT to be as frustrating and convoluted as our taxes! It is definitely NOT meant to be helpful or easy for the patients or providers. For taxes and insurance, you need an advanced college degree to understand anything.
Would you like to know more about how your maternity care is affected by insurance policies, including why most midwifery care in south eastern Washington is out-of-pocket?
Kristin will be talking about:
- how constantly changing rules and coverage cause delays in payments
- the incredibly long and frustrating process of contracting with insurance companies
- how insurance companies use denials of coverage to pay out less money
- how Medicaid reimbursement rates set the baseline for all other insurance companies
- comparison of cost of maternity care by home birth providers versus hospitals
- how access to midwifery care is limited by insurances
- stories from guest bloggers about their maternity billing issues
- and much, much more!